How To Bingewatch Like A Pro Because Obviously I Am One

Fact about me: I like Ninjago.

img_1273

I KNOW SHOCKING RIGHT???

And since this show isn’t on TV on any specific time or channel, watching it is a semi-big deal. I’m sure you guys know at least one show like this; it’s fantastic, but you can never find or watch it.

So, imagine my delight when I find SIX SEASONS OF NINJAGO ON AMAZON PRIME. And my further delight when I have NOTHING TO DO FOR A WHOLE WEEKEND.

But how do you bingewatch right? I mean, you can’t just sit on the couch and watch your favorite show/movie in the whole world. That’s unheard of in my book.

Since I’m OBVIOUSLY the master at everything related to fandoms, I’ve come up with a guide for you normal people to have the best movie night ever and be the coolest bingewatcher on the block.

OBVIOUSLY.

1. setting

Setting is just as important as the show itself, because, umm, who wants to watch a show while being uncomfortable?? Nobody, that’s who. (wait what..?)

Your sobbing/squealing/uncontrollable laughter may annoy someone at some point, so you might want to be somewhere private-ish, or at least out of the way. It limits distractions a lot and irritates less people.

2. stuff to bring

• proper screen & listening devices, if needed
  • comfy chair
  • blanket
  • stuffed animals (don’t judge me)
  • snacks (see below)
  • a drink (see even more below)
  • YOURSELF, READY FOR A GOOD TIME!

3. snacks

I know I’m supposed to be healthy and talk about the ‘low-fat, gluten-free, non-GMO, organic wheat-thins’ that I’m supposed to eat, but… I gotta confess, I’d rather just grab a plate of brownies.

But since I am advising you guys and don’t want to be responsible for unhealthiness, I suggest…

• a bagel with cream cheese (pretend it’s a donut)
  • watermelon
  • trail mix with dark chocolate
  • the classic popcorn

You can also make a snack that has meaning in the show you’re watching. For instance, you could eat pineapple, watermelon, and coconut while watching Moana! (that actually sounds really good… mmm!)

or you know just ignore me and have cake.

img_1470

4. drink

No snack is complete without a good drink to accompany it. I LOVE water, so that’s my typical go-to, but anything that’s not *too* caffeinated or surgery is great. You don’t want to be bouncing off the walls the whole time 😛

Hot chocolate, tea, coffee, and apple cider are always good, no matter the weather 😉

5. attire

Rule #1 of show-watching attire: bE cOmFoRtAbLEE. And I mean 100% com-fee. Jeans and a t-shirt? No way.

Now, pajama pants and fluffy socks??

>:)

Ok!! Now that you’re finished prepping, you can turn on Netflix/YouTube/whatever u use idk, cuddle up with your blanket, and watch a whole season of Ninjago your show! Congrats on being a bingewatch pro, you’ve made this author proud.

Ok so maybe don’t bingewatch for five hours like me, that’s not very healthy (like brownies). Instead, how about you watch a movie with your family, or even your friends? And naturally you should let me hear about it in the comments 🙂

OH AND NINJAGO SEASON 8 COMES OUT THIS WEEK SO LETS FANGIRL

45 thoughts on “How To Bingewatch Like A Pro Because Obviously I Am One

1. Ivy & Em says:

Wow okay so I recently discovered Grey’s Anatomy and have been binge watching it like this, haha. Anyways, great post! And have fun watching the new season of Ninjago 🙂
    xx
    Em

2. Ruth Meyer says:

The inner big sister in me stares in wonder at the title of this post, and thinks “should I be supporting this?”, but the inner sick-most-of-the-time sister in my just says, yes, I do this anyway! I could say something about binge-watching being bad for you, but instead I’ll just add some things to your list. Water. Drink water! Even if you have the soda, the hot chocolate, all of that, also drink water. It really helps settle your stomach, that you just filled with Cole’s cake and Zane’s cooking. Also, take a walk! Even if it’s just a quick pace around your house, or yard, getting up and stretching your legs in-between episodes, or every few episodes, can really help you breathe and relax your muscles better (yes, exercise helps your muscles relax, crazy but true!). Also, it gives you time to walk around in shock and wonder why that had to happen to your favorite character, and just why why why??? So you can process all that storytelling goodness. Also, set a timer, or a reminder on your computer or phone, that lets you know if you need to get up and participate in some activity with your family or friends, or make a phone call, you know, the other stuff life is made of. All that said, I have totally binge-watched Ninjago and other shows, but I try to be more careful now what I watch, because I get drawn into the stories, and mentally start writing fanfiction, and it’s all downhill from there. Ignore this wall of comment, I know no other way to speak than by rambling. 😀 😀 😀

LOL, I have to admit I was kind of shocked at the title/contents of this post as well 😳

yeesss great additions!! and nevermind that, I always love reading your comment ‘walls’ 💙☀️

3. Zielle says:

If I find something new I SHALL WATCH IT NONSTOP FOR HOURS. I did that once. I think I watched a whole season in day. THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR ME. YOU’VE TEMPTED ME, ABBY

Actually, I can’t do that. I mean, I can binge watch, but not like a pro. I can’t sit there all day surrounded by food and cuddled up in my PJ’s. It’s too messy for me. 😛 I could do that if I were cuddled up with my family on the couch, but NO FOOD. Probably just a drink or a bowl of popcorn, but other then that… I can’t. I just can’t. XD

I loved this post! It was so funny! 🙂

4. TitaniumNinjasGirl says:

I was finishing s7 when s8 came out, and I JUST NOW FOUND S8 ON MY TV BC MY TV IS WEIRD AND WE DON’T HAVE THE CHANNEL IT WAS ON UNTIL TODAY but from the reviews I heard, s8 isn’t too great compared to everything else but I AM STILL A LIL EXCITED ANYWAY AHH I KNOW THIS IS LIEK 3 MONTHS LATE BUT WHATEVER 🙂

YESS. Well, I personally loved season 8 — the plot wasn’t too hot because it was stretched out so much, but omg the dialogue! the animation!! HARUMI!!! That girl is my new favorite thank you very much ❤
      I hope you have fun watching it!! It’s a blast 😀

w